Warmth through Scents
Since it's still hot as Summer outside, candles can be a small aroma to bring on the new season ahead. As for my family, we love to celebrate this fun change and maybe go a little overboard with decorations. However, if you like to keep it simple candles are always a way to go. I'll share a favorite of mine to purchase below but sometimes it can be just as satisfyingly simple to boil water with orange peels, cinnamon sticks, cut apple, ginger root, and any other flavor that gives you the feels. Leaving this on a simmer all day is almost as good as sitting next to the burning fireplace.
Great Gift Idea or for Storing Use
(Fresh Ingredients in Pot is Just as Good Too!)
How To Make Homemade Potpourri Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Slice the apples and oranges as thin as possible.
3. Place in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake 1 1/2 hours, checking every half hour.
4. Once dry, mix with the remaining spices.
5. Jar and allow the flavors to meld together for 1 day before gifting.
P.F. Candle Co.